Booking and Concessions
Booking in Person
Tickets can be booked in person at The Central Hall, Duncombe Street, Grimsby, DN32 7EG.
We also sell Tickets on behalf of Caxton Theatre.
The Box Office is open Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 3.00pm.
The Box Office is also open 45 minutes before a scheduled performance, to buy tickets on the door, should they be available.
Please check Box Office timings over Bank Holidays and Christmas before making your visit.
Please call 01472 355025 OPT1 before your visit, to ensure tickets for your selected event are available.
Looking to book for a group at any of our shows? Please E-mail: email@example.com for direct deals.
We also take enquiries for school bookings for the hall, and christmas parties at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All tickets for Grimsby Central Hall can be purchased online through Ticketsource.
Booking by Telephone
You can contact the Box Office by telephone on 01472 355025 OPT1.
Calls cost local rates, and are normally included within your minutes if you have a mobile plan.
The phones are open for sales:
Monday – Friday – 10.00am – 3.00pm.
Tickets can be purchased 24 hours a day from Ticketsource.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Tickets should be checked at the time of purchase as mistakes cannot be rectified later.
After purchase, tickets can only be refunded in line with our terms and conditions. Under most circumstances, this is only when an event is cancelled. Please CLICK HERE for our terms and conditions.
Where these are available, concession rates can be claimed by full time students, unemployed, retired over 60s and under 16s.
Proof of eligibility will be required.
Please enquire at the Box Office for possible discounts for parties of 10 or more and school groups (Concessions are not available on all shows.)
Where patrons with disabilities need a carer to assist and attend an event, the combined cost will be equivalent to the full cost of 1 ticket.
Accessibility and Enablement
Booking Accessible Tickets
Accessible tickets can only be purchased from the Box Office, or by informing us of your attendance before purchasing through TicketSource (so we can ensure an accessible seat) please call 01724 355025 OPT1, or by emailing email@example.com.
We advise customers to share their access requirements and any other information that may help the team book suitable seats within the Theatre at the time of booking.
Grimsby Central Hall is working on being accessible to everyone. If the information you require is not listed below, then please call our Enquiries number on 01472 355025 OPT1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page is designed to assist patrons who have accessibility requirements, enjoy their visit to the Grimsby Central Hall.
• The venue is accessible from the front entrance with no ramps required. There are toilets, which are disabled accessible on the ground floor.
• Step free access to the Main Hall is available from the groud floor, and a stair lift, with assistance to the Roy Kemp Hall.
• We are looking at funding to install a lift to give unassisted access to the first floor.
There is no on-site parking. Car parking is available on Duncombe Street, with security patrol on main events, and limited parking bay spaces on the public highway at the opposite side of the venue.
• Ramp free access to the venue
• Lowered box office desk
• Designated seating areas within the venue for wheelchair users, or those with walking difficulties, and their companions.
• Stair lift to the Roy Kemp Hall
• Wheelchair accessible toilets available.
• Diabetic food is allowed in the venue.
• Assistance for patrons with accessibility needs.
We work with Dementia Friends Group, and are working to make the Hall accessible to people with Dementia. We offer free tickets to a companion supporting someone with dementia to come to one of our events (one per paid ticket).
Free Essential Companion Tickets
Where a patron with disabilities requires a companion to attend then the combined total cost for patron and companion will be equivalent to the full price of one ticket. This must be stated at time of booking before payment.
Please call 01724 355025 OPT1 or email email@example.com to arrange.
Cameras and Recording Equipment
Cameras and recording equipment: You may take photographs and videos using personal, small cameras only inluding phones for personal and social media use, unless the event prohibits it. For the avoidance of any confusion ‘professional’ cameras with removable and interchangeable lenses are always prohibited, unless you have sought permission from the venue.
Your safety when visiting the venue is our main priority
Our event team work with local authorities to ensure our visitors have the safest and most enjoyable experience whilst visiting the hall.
We have security measures including CCTV, visible and non-visible, with personnel internal and external for main events.
Please only bring essential items. No large holdalls, or bags will be permitted in the venue, when an event is taking place.
We prioritise safety and security for all our patrons. When coming to the venue for an event, we ask you arrive early to allow time to pass through any security checks
Our security and customer services team are there for your safety. Please cooperate fully with all security checks, if you refuse, you may be refused entry to the venue.
All entry is agreement to search, should it be required to maintain the security of the venue.
Prohibited Items at an Event
• Backpacks, holdalls, and laptop bags
• Glass, cans, bottles, including any liquid prodcuts**
• Laserpens and pointers
• Professional Cameras of any kind
• Laptop computers
• Knives or weapons of any kind
• Illegal drugs and substances
• Your own alcholic beverages
• Signs, banners or flags
• Animals (except service animals to aid disabilities)
• Airhorns, or other noise makers
• Pressurised aerosols
• Fireworks, flares, glitterbombs, and party poppers
• Glow sticks
• Anything else unsuitable in a music or theatre event
**Exceptions are made for patrons with medical requirements and/or special needs, we ask this is highlighted the venue ahead of visit.
Here’s what you need to know if you are attending an event.
• Come Early. Arrive in enough time to pass through security checks and co-operate fully with our team.
• Have your Ticket Ready. Ticket checks will take place on entry. Please have it out, and ready for inspection. If collecting tickets please have receipt or email ready.
• No large bags or backpacks in an event. We will not allow any large bags, backpacks, holdalls, luggage or computer bags into the venue when an event is taking place.
• There is no cloak room facility available, so please make arrangements before arriving to the venue.
• Inform if you have any medical requirements or special needs to the venue ahead of arrival.
Travelleing by Car
You can travel directly to the hall, from the A180, turning right at Freeman Street, and then left down Duncombe Street. Car Parking is available in the public car park on Duncombe Street, just past the Central Hall.
Travelleing by Train
You can get the train to Grimsby train station, and either take a 20 minute walk or 5 minute taxi ride, with taxis being available outside the station. Click Here for directions from the Train Station.
Travelling by Bus
You can travel to the Hall from the Grimsby Bus Station, on Stagecoach routes 3 and 9, which stop on Freeman Street, one outside Boyes and one outside Iceland. From here the Grimsby Central Hall is a small walk away.